BlackNorth Connect Program
Empowering the next generation of
changemakers from the Black Community
- As of July 2020, Black Canadians are nearly 2X more likely to be unemployed than non-minority Canadians…
- With Black women disproportionately affected – twice as much as the average men and women.
- Half of the black employees in Canada report facing discrimination when it comes to promotions.
- Only 39% of Black Canadians agree that their organization has the right mechanisms in place to ensure major promotion decisions are free of bias.
- University-educated Black Canadians earn an average of 80 cents for every dollar earned by their white peers.
BlackNorth Initiative to launch a one-stop-shop platform designed to
provide access to internships and job postings for early career recruitment and mentorships and bursaries for post-secondary education.
- To improve accessibility for the Black Community to employment, internship, and mentorship opportunities from a variety of industries, by having a one stop platform that will house these opportunities.
- To provide corporations with a large pool of candidates and therefore help them meet their targets for a more equitable and diverse workforce.
- To help mentees, interns, and job seekers think about the job market and introduce them to a professional setting related to their area of interest as well as provide them with leadership and networking opportunities.
Benefits For Candidates
- Have access to a large pool of jobs
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Exposure to internship opportunities
- Access to a scholarships pool
- Development of new skill sets
- Development of a new professional network
- Build lasting professional relationships
- Improved chances of success
Benefits for Employers
- Highlight existing initiatives designed to
advance the Black community.
- Be expert leader and mentor to the next
generation of Black leaders.
- Provide practical and professional knowledge.
- Play an active role in advancing Black Canadians in their careers.
Platform ready for Fall of 2022
For more information please contact us
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium